Wednesday 27 June 2012

The Walking Dead: The Game - Episode 2: Starved for Help Review

The Walking Dead: The Game -- Episode 2: Starved for Help is a suspense thriller. The main focus is a huge curveball this time being about how people cope in this madness.

The second of five downloadable episodes, Starved for Help picks up three months after the zombie apocalypse broke out in the original episode of The Walking Dead: The Game.

We now get to see our choices play out a bit more now that we had in episode 1 you don't get a second chance to say something in this adventure game; dialogue pops up, and you have a limited amount of time to make a choice that will influence your friends and make new enemies.

This episode makes us go to a darker place in The Walking Dead no spoilers to what exactly but I gotta say it was amazing. I found myself breaking relationships with a survivor and making new relationships which really I never thought I would do but it really is spectacular. I truly believed that I was Lee Everret (leading character) I even put survival before Clementine at a certain point which I really struggled to do because I love the character so much which resulted in me losing some trust with her.

I really did feel depressed playing this episode not in a bad way I loved it I really felt the weight of my actions on my back and realizing how much of a darker character I had now become. So many times I was shocked at what I was seeing happen and this story really gets you involved like nothing I have ever seen before.

Telltale have outone themselves yet again and I really cannot wait for episode 3 now which may even result in me getting even darker as a character or can I redeem myself? only time can tell.

some technical hiccups remind you of over and over again. Lip syncing seems to be a bit more lax this time around, music will drop out mid track, and animations will freeze as scenes change. This is no reason though not to try this game as it is a masterpiece but they pull you out of an otherwise engrossing experience.

The Walking Dead: The Game -- Episode 2: Starved for Help wasn't what I was expecting. Rather than focus on more walkers and more headshots, the game turns everything around and made me focus on the possible threat of other survivors. It made me realize I cannot be the good guy all the time and hope to survive it's definitely a different experience than the first episode and that is what I want.

Episode 2 gets a solid 9/10 only thing bringing this game down is the technical issues but really this is something special and I advise you to try it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment