Saturday 19 May 2012

The Walking Dead Season 1 Recap: Episode 1 - Days Gone Bye

I'm a huge fan of the comic book, so to see this get made into a T.V show I was really excited. Thinking back this episode is my second favourite episode first being Beside The Dying Fire the finale for season 2 which is going to be really hard to top. Episode 1 almost seemed like it was a movie it was really well directed by Frank Darabont and we got a spectacular shot of a birds eye view above the tank Rick enters which may be the best shot or at least near the top that we have ever seen in The Walking Dead.

 This episode unlike many other episodes keeps reasonably close to the comic apart from the opening and the tank scene at the end. I thought this episode was really good at drawing me into the show even thought maybe it was'nt as hard to get me to watch since I was already a small fan of the comic but after this I bought a lot more of the comic.

When I saw Rick in this episode I knew he would be perfect for the role and he really played the "shocked" character well and it is interesting to see that he has evolved a huge amount since this episode.

I would by far give this episode a 10/10 due to being up with the best off this show so far and no real complaint can be made about this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment